Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nioxin Shampoo users only?

Alright, I'm thinning in the corners of my hairline. I'm not becoming bald though. Like should I use the SHAMPOO or some other product from Nioxin to fix this problem? Also does it make old hair FOLLICLES grow back??? Let me know thanks!





Here's a picture:





http://i27.tinypic.com/97vash.jpgNioxin Shampoo users only?
Nioxin is meant to be used as a system.. Meaning you should use the shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment for best results.. However, if you just want to use one product, I would suggest the Nioxin Scalp Treatment for Normal Hair. It is a spray-on product. You spray it on the ';problem areas'; and it stimulates blood flow to the area. Blood flow stimulates hair growth. The spray will turn your skin pink after a few minutes, but that's just the blood flowing. So, I like to use it at night before I go to bed so I don't go out with red spots on my head.





Follicles don't grow, follicles are the small cup-like indentions where the hair grows from.Nioxin Shampoo users only?
Nioxin is probably the best shampoo out there aimed towards hair loss with good intentions (but not necessarily effective,,read on!). The shampoo has 3 natural anti-dht agents in it whether u believe it or not ( 1) serenoa serrulata which is nothing but sawpalmetto- an antidht agent 2) urtica dioca and 3 ) prunus africana ...the latter two being relatively mild anti dht agents. I am in the field of medical research and i've seen papers that prove the facts above,,though merck .co that makes propecia would go to the extent of hiring some clinicians (funded by merck, of course) to release a paper that says saw palmetto is ineffective as a anti dht agent!!! its a bad business world you know!!). However, the effectiveness of these agents in a topical application ';MAY'; be quite limited, though topical nizoral shampoo (with ketoconazole as the chief anti-dht agent) has been shown to produce positive results.


As far as using the shampoo, therapy, and treatment (the 3 in one treatment),,,save your money phaps and just use the shampoo or the conditioner/therapy too...as all three of them have the same ingredients!!! it might be a sales technique urging you to use all three,,,and trust me this is not a cheap product.....But i do believe this shampoo alone works,,,worked a bit on my roomate....i used it for a while,,,but had to stop because my scalp developed an allergy to some ingredient in it,,,and i had to discontinue it...But i would say this is a good shampoo with a moderate amt. of science to back it up.....(and i can understand why this company is not trying to do clinical trials or anything of that sort...if you wanna know all that jargon, send me an email..)


IF you're one of those hairy mammoths with zilch/zerrro hair on their head and all of it on your body n face,,,i.e. a high dht mongrel,,,this shampoo couldnt possibly make a difference,,,,u might need propecia or something stronger...( From my personal observations,,,i have seen this work better on women and a few guys with just mild hair loss). And looking at the picture you posted,,,umm..give this shampoo a shot.. Hope this helped a bit! cheers!
Yes! I use the Nioxin follicle booster leave-in conditioner and it works great, I'm telling you. Nioxin is the best shampoo if you want thicker hair and more of a hairline. The first time I've used it, it worked GREAT.





It's highly expensive but def. worth it. I HIGHLY recomend it for anyone who is thinning of hair or losing hair or has thin hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment