Saturday, December 19, 2009

I have thick hair and never can get all the shampoo out no matter how long i rinse scrub or what shampoo i use

This problem makes my hair very dull and greasy and dry. I know the problem is not from my hard water because i have washed my hair in clean water before. But i do know it is the way i wash it because when it is washed at the salon it turns out very shinny and pretty. It is probably not the shampoo because i have tried alll kinds of shampoos that people recommend. I need some advice.I have thick hair and never can get all the shampoo out no matter how long i rinse scrub or what shampoo i use
If the shampoo at the salon works, find out what they are using on your hair and get some of it too use at home. Also, try using less shampoo -- you can always add more but once you get too much in your hair it is a bear to get out. I, too have really thick hair, and when I wore it long I had the same problem. In a pinch, lemon juice will remove the shampoo. A flat beer will do the same thing.





Talk to your stylist about getting your hair thinned. That will help as well.





Avoid shampoos and conditioners with wax in them. Read labels carefully. A daily claryfying shampoo and conditioner will most likely work the best for you. Avoid 2 in 1 combinations (shampoo and conditioner in on product), they almost always have wax in them and will be hard to rinse out. I know it's hard with winter coming, but try rinsing in cold or cool water, sometimes that works well, but not always.





Sounds like you may simply be using too much shampoo. Try starting with an amount about the size of a quarter. If that doesn't work, adjust it.





I've been through this myself, and been through it with my daughter. Don't give up, keep trying. But start with what your stylist tells you and go from there.





Another thought - do you use a spray on detangler? Those can make your hair greasy and dull. So can some gels, mousses and hair sprays.I have thick hair and never can get all the shampoo out no matter how long i rinse scrub or what shampoo i use
I was the same way but then I found this really good shampoo, You might of herd it before.


It's called Herbensense (sp) It's really good for your hair and it smells good also.
try and get a hair cut. Or use Dove.
It is your water. You must have hard water, which makes it hard to wash out the shampoo out of your hair. Check your water, and if it is as I suspect it to be the water. You can get a system to resolve your problem. Your local hardware stores can help you with that.
get someone else to wash then tell them to look for any shampoo in your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment